Wedding Date: July 11, 2020
DOUGLAS — Douglas’ First Baptist Church on 10th Street will host an online Vacation Bible School entitled Rocky Railway-Jesus’s Power Pulls Us Through from July 13-17, 2020.
The Douglas Police Department will be hosting: National Prescription Drug Take Back and on-site shredding on Saturday, May 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Douglas Visitors Center on 16th Street.
Courts and Crime
- Victim of hit and run comes forward, talks about accident
- Judge rules Wilson competent to stand trial in murder case
- Judge rules education-tax description has misleading tendencies
- Program offers alternative for youth who commit misdemeanors, gains national attention
- Move to allow judicial discretion in sentencing approved for ballot
- Judge OKs legal marijuana measure for ballot
- Court denies Ducey bid to delay process for gym openings
- Cochise County elections officials release more preliminary results, some races close
- Governor moves to block gym reopening order
- Judge denies murder suspect's request for a ninth defense attorney
- Sheriff's Office investigating shooting in Bowie
- Former BP agent convicted of child sexual abuse sentenced to 40 years in prison
- No plea agreement to be offered in Douglas toddler murder case
- Corporation Commission can appoint utilities management, court rules
- Judge blocks education initiative from November ballot
- County Clerk works to address myriad issues after 2018 audit
- Court employee on paid leave following hit-and-run incident
- Man convicted twice of sexually abusing child, sentenced to life in prison
- Four candidates vie to become the next judge of the Sierra Vista justice court
- Police: Arizona professor fatally bludgeoned during robbery
Dr. John, with High Desert Veterinary Service, will be holding a Discount Vaccination Clinic, this Saturday, March 14, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Elfrida Fire Station on Highway 191 in Elfrida.
High Desert Veterinary Service and the City of Douglas Police and Animal Control Department will be holding a Discount Vaccination Clinic Saturday, Feb. 29 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the 10th Street Park.
The Greater Douglas Chamber of Commerce invites the public to the grand opening and ribbon cutting of the T-Mobile store on Fifth Street, across from the Douglas Walmart, on Friday, Jan. 31 at 9:30 a.m.
Officials at City Hall have announced that Beginning Friday, February 7, sample ballots for the March 10, 2020, City of Douglas Primary Election will be available for public inspection.
High Desert Veterinary Service and the City of Douglas Police and Animal Control Department will be holding a Discount Vaccination Clinic Saturday, Jan. 25 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the 10th Street Park.
St. Stephen's Episcopal Parish Hall, located at 749 11th Street, will be having a huge yard/rummage sale this Saturday, Oct. 12 from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Douglas High School alumna Susie Johnson Khalil, also known as “Susie of Arabia,” is coming home to Douglas for her 50th DHS Class Reunion and will share stories and slides of her life and adventures in Saudi Arabia on Thursday, October 10, at 5 p.m. in the DPL Conference Room.