BISBEE – The ruckus began in earnest Tuesday as the county began displaying the new logo developed and approved by the Cochise County Tourism and Economic Council on its website and other online materials.
BISBEE — Only Bisbee’s Ward 3 will feature an election with more than one candidate, as incumbent Louis Pawlik and Donna Pulling afce off in the primary. Both candidates took time to respond to questions from the Herald/Review; here are their answers.
Courts and Crime
- Brnovich questions lease of university property in new court filing
- Brnovich filing questions Ducey's legal right to close certain businesses
- New trial begins for accused child molester initially convicted in 2018
- Hobbs wants court to reject Brnovich's ballot harvesting request
- Judge to decide whether Tombstone bar violated liquor laws
- Sierra Vista Police arrest man accused of molesting minor in 2012
- Court rejects Trump administration use of military funds for border wall
- Former BP agent pleads guilty to sex crimes against minors, faces up to 40 years in prison
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed in Simms' case
- Sheriff's Office taking another look at child abuse allegations in 2016 case
- County's juvenile detention facility set to close by end of 2020, officials say
- Reward offered for information on Bisbee Post Office burglary
- Chokehold not used by Sierra Vista Police in over 24 years, chief says
- Sheriff's local, state and federal connections help Cochise County
- Tombstone city attorney sentenced to 30 days in jail in assault case
- Judge rejects motion to dismiss child abuse charges, delays trial in Bowser case
- Prosecutors, defense attorneys wrangle over records requested in child abuse case, delaying matter further
- Attorneys working on plea agreement in Thornhill child sex abuse case
- Federal judge voids policy denying SSA benefits to same-sex couple survivors
- As Trump pushes for reopenings, congregations choose safety over haste
BISBEE — A second serious motor vehicle crash in or near the Mule Pass Tunnel in just two over weeks left at least one person with serious injuries Monday, a spokesman with the Arizona Department of Public Safety said.
BISBEE — Persistence paid off for one local mayor who says he has been acting to protect his constituents, whether they are for him or against him.
BISBEE — As the spread of COVID–19 continues to climb drastically in Arizona, Cochise County and now Bisbee, Mayor David Smith is adamant about protecting the city and about requiring residents and visitors to wear facial masks in all public places within the city limits.
BISBEE — With so many variables in the ever-changing landscape of COVID-19, it is no wonder Bisbee Unified School District officials and district board members are having a difficult time trying to tackle the back to school problems.
BISBEE — It will be up to Bisbee voters to decide if the city will add a penny to the sales tax for the next six years come the November election.
BISBEE — A longtime Bisbee resident was found dead outside his house on Sunday, the apparent victim of a bee attack, the Cochise County Sheriff’s Office said.
BISBEE — Three Bisbee policemen quickly approached a man, took him down to the ground and handcuffed him earlier this week after an animal control officer from their department radioed for backup, claiming the individual was interfering with her investigation at a public park, videos from th…
BISBEE — Students attending Bisbee Unified School District will have to wait two more weeks to find out just exactly when school will be starting.
SIERRA VISTA — Gov. Doug Ducey gave the green light to open schools in the fall, but local districts are proceeding with caution as uncertainty still looms.
BISBEE — The City of Bisbee will make the minimum payment to the state’s retirement fund for public safety personnel this year, which will still cost the municipality nearly $1.5 million.
BISBEE — After some discussion during Tuesday’s Bisbee City Council meeting, the mayor and council voted not to open the public pool at Higgins Park due to COVID–19 concerns.
BISBEE — The Old Bisbee Firewise Community Garden became a reality early Saturday morning as volunteers from Bisbee Bloomers, Bisbee Rotary Club, Step Up Bisbee/Naco and Old Bisbee Firewise (OBF) worked together to plant several types of shrubs and bushes.
BISBEE — The city’s 2020-2021 fiscal year budget includes $90,000 which was expected to be raised through an ambulance subscription program which would be open to anyone living in the Bisbee Fire Department’s 440–square mile coverage area and city residents.
BISBEE — In an effort to help provide affordable housing options, Bisbee’s mayor and city council voted unanimously in favor of establishing an ordinance which allows the city manager, with the city attorney, to acquire homes and properties with liens from unpaid sewer and garbage bills.
BISBEE — Bisbee High School graduates received a warm congratulatory response of cheers and clapping Sunday as they walked down Main Street in Old Bisbee to collect not their diplomas, but free meals from Cafe Roka.
BISBEE — The two sales tax increase proposals have again been postponed by the Bisbee Mayor and City Council and only one may make it to the November ballot for voters to decide on.
BISBEE — It was a trough decision to make, but the Bisbee Unified School District board agreed with the superintendent and teachers and passed a resolution which made the average grades students received at the end of the third quarter their final grades.
Music is powerful and I think it can be felt as much as heard. The funny thing is, most of my favorite music makes me feel something, but I have no idea what they’re talking about. Off the top of my head, three of my all time favorite bands — The Strokes, The Shins and The Queens of the Ston…
The Cooper Queen Library has once again received national attention, this time in TIME magazine in the April 6 double issue as part of “The Uniters” feature, recognizing people who have impacted their communities.
BISBEE — Though two sales tax increases were on the Bisbee City Council agenda as one item for approval, the council instead agreed Tuesday night to separate the proposals set to go on the ballot in November into different resolutions to avoid confusion of the voters.
BISBEE — Bisbee residents will have a new outdoor exercise court which touts a seven–minute, full–body workout at Higgins Park in Old Bisbee at no cost to the city.
BISBEE — The Bisbee Fire Department will not be transporting patients out of the county to hospitals in Tucson on a regular basis as the Mayor and City Council unanimously approved a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Arizona Ambulance.