SIERRA VISTA — Among the movers and shakers in the community, one commercial broker is initiating efforts to help businesses set up base at the West End.
Daniel Wilson has been named senior vice president of operations at Sulphur Springs Valley Electric Cooperative, representing the first significant restructuring of the organization under Jason Bowling, who began duties as chief executive officer May 1.
Courts and Crime
- Court rules AG can't file charges against petition group
- SVPD charges local man and woman with recent burglaries
- CBP agent accused of raping teen tried to flee from police, report shows
- Kavanagh statement could fuel challenge to early voting law
- Man convicted in 2017 SV murder eligible for new trial
- Russell case dismissed without prejudice; Georgia probe anticipated
- Woman pleads guilty to negligent homicide in 2019 crash
- Man who pointed air rifle at sheriff's deputy sentenced to 1.5 years in prison
- Struggling to breathe, BP agent asked partner to hold him after shooting
- Federal agent accused of sexually assaulting girl is indicted
- BP agent justified in migrant shooting death, Cochise County attorney says
- Law enforcement agencies get almost $4.8M from state for border efforts
- Task force making load car impact as social media recruiting increases
- Judge grants attorney's motion to depose non-parties in case against LDS Church
- Tombstone cold case murder gaining traction, officials say
- Parents who left boy home alone for almost two weeks sentenced to probation
- Shooting suspect arrested, charged with attempted first-degree murder
- Sierra Vista victorious in bicyclist's lawsuit
- How a former police detective solved Sierra Vista's oldest cold case
- Septuagenarian arrested for child exploitation says he is sex addict, report shows
Let’s be honest, it takes a lot to “do” digital marketing. Between platforms competing for attention, new features and user trends, it’s easy to get overwhelmed with it all. Business owners are constantly faced with choices that tug at their time and resources and since marketing planning im…
PHOENIX — United to Safeguard America from Illegal Trade, a coalition of more than 70 national and state brand enforcement experts, law enforcement agencies, academics and leading business organizations, hosted an interactive summit in partnership with the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Ind…
SIERRA VISTA — With a $4 million makeover planned, the Windemere Hotel & Conference Center is slated to become an assisted living facility set to open this fall, a representative for the building’s future owner said this week.
BENSON — According to data from the Arizona Office of Economic Opportunity, Cochise County’s unadjusted unemployment rate in March 2022 was 3.0% (down from 3.8% in February and 5.4% in March a year ago).
WASHINGTON (AP) — Average long-term U.S. mortgage rates resumed their ascent this week, as the key 30-year loan reached its highest point since 2009.
In Cochise County, we have the largest veteran population in Arizona per capita. About 19.9% of the state’s population of veterans reside in Cochise County. Many veterans seeking employment may need assistance to secure a job without additional financial burden on themselves and their families.
In lush fields southwest of Paris, farmers are joining Europe’s fight to free itself from Russian gas. They’ll soon turn on a new facility where crops and waste are fermented to produce “biogas.” It’s among energy solutions being explored as the continent works to choke off funding for Russian gas amid the Kremlin's war in Ukraine. Rural gas plants that provide energy for hundreds or thousands of homes nearby won't soon supplant Russian supplies. And critics of using crops to make gas argue that farmers should instead be concentrating on growing food. But biogas use could double this year in France and it's one part of the puzzle of how to reduce Europe’s energy dependence on Russia.
BENSON — In February 2022, Cochise County’s estimated retail sales were down, while restaurant and bar sales and hotel/motel receipts were up, compared to February 2021 (after adjusting for inflation).
Today you can find a great deal of information on the internet that supports several different views about what is going on in our housing market.
SONORA, MEXICO — Managers at PEMEX gas stations in Agua Prieta and Naco say the high oil prices gripping the U.S. are sending more people from Arizona to their filling stations for fuel.
One of the fundamentals aspects of branding your business is determining what sets you apart from competitors. It’s important to be clear about why your business is the right choice when consumers are reading, watching and hearing marketing messages from sellers on every platform.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security Vocational Rehabilitation program offers specialized employment services to job seekers with disabilities like Sierra Vista resident Sam to help them obtain employment and achieve self-sufficiency.
ARIZONA@WORK-Southeastern Arizona is the local workforce organization in Cochise County that, yes, assists individuals with their unemployment claims. But we are so much more.