SIERRA VISTA — U.S. Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick has revealed that she has a drinking problem and she will be getting treatment for it next week.
Denielle Eliason, harpist for the Sierra Vista Symphony Orchestra, says one of her greatest joys as a musician is performing for the annual children’s concert.
SUNSITES — The first of four scheduled workshops on the Willcox Basin, called the Willcox Water Project (WWP), kicked off Wednesday with a history of the Sulphur Spring Valley’s first inhabitants and an overview of the Willcox Playa.
Courts and Crime
- Former jail chaplain Packer sentenced to 15 years in prison for sexually assaulting inmates
- Douglas man now facing murder charge in death of 2-year-old
- Toxicology test still pending in reckless manslaughter crash case
- Woman found guilty on 2 charges in drug organization trial
- Trial begins in drug-trafficking organization case
- Driver faces prison for rollover crash that injured toddler, veteran deputy
- Task force makes 5 DUI arrests in New Year’s Eve detail
- Seventh attorney in Wilson murder case quits after client threats
- State AG asks SCOTUS to rule on deportation case
- Q&A: New SEACOM director Smith learns the ropes, loves new challenge
- Teen who helped beat up juvenile during burglary gets probation, judge decides
- AG wants SCOTUS to allow retrials for 1st-degree murder
- U.S. organization files injunction to stop private border wall construction
- Sheriff's Office makes arrest in kidnapping case
- Border Patrol apprehends three after chase
- Shooting injures two people, Sierra Vista police say
- Q & A with Cochise County Superior Court Judge Laura Cardinal
- Former jail chaplain Packer pleads guilty to kidnapping, sex crimes
- Police report reveals new details in transit station murder-suicide
- Former fire chief Allmon sentenced to 3 years for theft
BISBEE — With an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) $600,000 grant in hand, Cochise County can move ahead with plans to clean up hazardous properties in the county, Sierra Vista, Bisbee and Douglas.
BISBEE – A Cochise County-initiated rezoning request to change the designation and rezoning of land at the southeast corner of State Route 92 and Hereford Road from Neighborhood Conservation to Developing and Mobile Home to General Business (GB) was unanimously approved by the county Board o…
Cochise College invites the public to celebrate and remember Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. A Day of Remembrance with a reading of the “Letter From Birmingham Jail” will be held in collaboration with the Cochise County Attorney’s Office on Tuesday, Jan. 21.
SIERRA VISTA — If dad has his way, Easton Sincere London is destined for either the Philadelphia Eagles football team, or he could become a player for the 76ers.
REGION— On the final day of the decade, the Herald/Review is looking back at some of the most memorable and impactful stories of the last 10 years.
HUACHUCA CITY — Eric Duthie, of Mesa, Arizona, has been tabbed to fill Huachuca City’s town manager seat on an interim basis, following former Town Manager Matthew Williams’ resignation.
Sheriff Mark Dannels and members of the Cochise County Sheriff’s Office delivered Christmas gift bags to inmates Tuesday morning, Christmas Eve, to allow them to participate in holiday festivities.
On Saturday, Dec. 21, 2019, members of the Cochise County Sheriff’s Office, Sheriff’s Assist Team joined forces with the San Pedro Kiwanis JUST KIDS program to deliver clothing to between almost 900 children.
BISBEE — The Southeast Arizona Economic Development Group (SAEDG) in Benson will be the go between for the county funding of the Willcox Water Project, a series of seminars focusing on the issues within the Willcox Basin.
PALOMINAS — A red–tailed hawk slowly glides across an open field, while a light breeze tickles the tall, dry grass and the San Pedro River babbles its way downstream – the perfect setting to talk about water.
Southern Arizona has had more than its share of notable lawmen. The Earps, Bob Paul, John Slaughter, and the Arizona Rangers come to mind. One got overlooked. Tom Turner was, in no small way, their equal.
The Cochise County Council for CASA gave the Department of Child Safety 241 $50 gift cards. This provided for every child involved with the Department in Cochise, Graham and Greenlee Counties to receive a $50 gift card to help brighten their Christmas season.
BISBEE — In a work session Tuesday, the Cochise County Board of Supervisors discussed how to move forward with a series of water issue seminars suggested by Supervisor Peggy Judd, but with a bit more restraint.
SIERRA VISTA — Fort Huachuca, one of seven military installations in the United States that participates in a multi-governmental coalition that partners with private property owners to bolster sustainable land management practices, continues moving forward to achieve wildfire mitigation and …
SIERRA VISTA — Fort Huachuca is one of only 10 installations that will be recognized at the Pentagon next week for the partnerships it has fostered with the communities that surround it.
SIERRA VISTA — Heavy winds and nonstop rain drenched Cochise County over the holiday, leaving a string of flooded roads, stuck vehicles, toppled trees and a rockslide along Highway 80 near the Mule Pass Tunnel Thursday and Friday, officials said.
BISBEE — Former Arizona Governor Bruce Babbit is known for his knowledge of the water situation in the desert state and his efforts to protect groundwater supplies and natural resources, so he seemed the perfect speaker for the Arizona County Supervisors Association Conference last month to …
The Cochise County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help to find a Whetstone woman who was reported missing by a friend who said he received a disturbing text message from her.