It’s been one year since Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide adjusted their hallmark methods of sharing comfort and hope from the scriptures due to the pandemic.
Have you ever been frightened? I have. But I can’t say that I have ever been frightened by something that should make me glad. What frightens you?
The first nun the Bolsheviks threw into the abandoned mineshaft was best known as the Grand Duchess Elizabeth Feodorovna, the sister of the Russian Empress Alexandra.
Courts and Crime
- SV man arrested on multiple underage sexual exploitation charges
- Man charged in fatal high-speed wreck showed 'total disregard for human life'
- Accused rapist was supervisor at Border Patrol's Douglas station, officials say
- Man in domestic violence case released on $250,000 bond
- Local man arrested for aggravated assault after shooting
- Authorities: Ex-Border Patrol agent is rape suspect they've been after for 22 years
- New director of Lori's Place eager to continue legacy of service
- Registered sex offender arrested after assaulting wife, police say
- Vet detained by police after repeatedly firing gun on his property
- Requests for county attorney, courts budgets discussed
- Two arrested on drug charges after traffic stop
- Arrest made following joint narcotics investigation
- Domestic violence suspect stopped at gunpoint, Sheriff's Office says
- Sheriff's Office says out-of-town smugglers recruited via social media by Mexican cartel
- SVPD report shows city crime rate dropped in 2020
- Brnovich denies Pima County request for execution delay
- Mexican cartel threatens deputies, Dannels says
- BUSD bus driver arrested on child pornography charges
- Shooting death at Copper Queen Hotel a suicide, Bisbee Police say
- Benson school employee arrested by FBI
WASHINGTON (AP) — Washington National Cathedral, the massive Episcopal house of worship that prides itself on being an unfinished work-in-progress whose stones and stained glass tell the story of the 20th and 21st centuries, is unveiling its newest addition: a carving of iconic author, human…
Faith leaders in Minnesota and across the United States expressed hope that their advocacy work for racial justice will gain momentum from the guilty verdict rendered against Derek Chauvin, the former police officer convicted of killing George Floyd.
Easter, one of the highest and holiest days for all Christian people, has just been celebrated, and yet there is still so much contention in the world. The past year in particular has been full of strife and fear in our country. Is there a better way to be? Yes! The Savior, Jesus Christ came…
We have been inundated with politics for the past many months, and there are political realities that exist no matter the form of government or era or place. The Bible names some of them. We should recognize these realities and live wisely in light of them.
While working on the 1985 book “Habits of the Heart,” the late sociologist Robert N. Bellah met “Sheila,” who described her faith in words that researchers have quoted ever since.
On March 25, Chloe Luevano returned home after serving an 18-month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She shares, “I actually know who [Jesus Christ] is. Before… I knew of this person who could help me but didn’t know how that information app…
The unique provision of Christianity is a solution for the guilt of one’s sins. It is usual to think of sins of the past being forgiven when a person believes in Jesus Christ. But what about sins committed later? Some folks may think that a real Christian never sins, but that is not the test…
After a media firestorm ignited by a Vatican condemnation of same-sex unions — because God “cannot bless sin” — Catholic progressives immediately looked for hope in the words of bishops, President Joe Biden and even Pope Francis.
Psalm 25 is a psalm that focuses on the poet David’s relationship to God. Actually it ranges far and wide. There is mention of his enemies a couple times, but mainly attention is on the relationship of one man with God, the One Who saves him. Also, one could study who God is throughout the c…
It’s a hymn that the faithful start singing whenever a Baptist church organist plays the opening chords — because everyone knows it by heart.
There are glowing challenges laid before us by people who have accomplished something remarkable. They say that you can do it, too! They say anything is possible! But there are limits, and you really need to know the rules. Some rules you cannot break.
In the New Testament of the Bible, there are not many compliments paid to churches, but there are some. Today we look at one of those and contrast it with an Old Testament passage.
Joshua Sieler recently returned from serving a two-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in San Antonio, Texas. As soon as he got to Texas, Sieler hit the ground running. He said, “On the first day entering the mission field I remember my companion had set up a gam…
BISBEE — The cleaning and restoration has begun on the glorious 106-year-old stained glass windows of St. Patrick Roman Catholic Church.
Love. It has different meanings in different contexts. I could try to make a list here, but suffice it to say that it can involve two people or a tennis score. Those are quite different. Today I am going to try not to focus on the tennis score.