Courts and Crime
- Former jail chaplain Packer sentenced to 15 years in prison for sexually assaulting inmates
- Douglas man now facing murder charge in death of 2-year-old
- Toxicology test still pending in reckless manslaughter crash case
- Woman found guilty on 2 charges in drug organization trial
- Trial begins in drug-trafficking organization case
- Driver faces prison for rollover crash that injured toddler, veteran deputy
- Task force makes 5 DUI arrests in New Year’s Eve detail
- Seventh attorney in Wilson murder case quits after client threats
- State AG asks SCOTUS to rule on deportation case
- Q&A: New SEACOM director Smith learns the ropes, loves new challenge
- Teen who helped beat up juvenile during burglary gets probation, judge decides
- AG wants SCOTUS to allow retrials for 1st-degree murder
- U.S. organization files injunction to stop private border wall construction
- Sheriff's Office makes arrest in kidnapping case
- Border Patrol apprehends three after chase
- Shooting injures two people, Sierra Vista police say
- Q & A with Cochise County Superior Court Judge Laura Cardinal
- Former jail chaplain Packer pleads guilty to kidnapping, sex crimes
- Police report reveals new details in transit station murder-suicide
- Former fire chief Allmon sentenced to 3 years for theft
We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday and you managed to keep dry. It has rained for the past two Thursdays and I’m happy to say that the National Weather Service does not forecast any rain for this Thursday’s market. In fact, they say it’s supposed to be “mostly sunny.” That …
The right telescope might be the spark for a lifelong appreciation of the night sky, maybe even the inspiration for a career in STEM. The wrong telescope can just as likely extinguish that spark. Here are a few things to consider before buying that special gift for your budding astronomer th…
BISBEE — It was a beautiful ceremony Monday — Veterans Day — attended by many Bisbee residents and veterans who were honored by Bisbee Eagle Scout David Donahue with a new memorial wall with room to hold the names of 900 men and women who went to Bisbee High School and went on to serve in th…
If you are still trying to hang onto a bit of Arizona summer you might try some fresh mint to add to your ice tea or lemonade. For only one more week Michael Burgess with Just-a-Pinch will have eleven varieties of mint for you to choose from. Michael also has fresh thyme, sage and chives for…
Come by for Food Truck Friday starting at 10 a.m. The Icee Queen's frozen treats come in many natural flavors, including cherry and mango. Combine the two and get a flavor party called the Chango!
October is National Depression Awareness and Education month, and according to the National Institute of Mental Health’s (NIMH) website, depression is one of the most common mental illnesses affecting people across the world.
Come by for Food Truck Friday starting at 10 a.m. The Icee Queen’s frozen treats come in many natural flavors, including cherry and mango. Combine the two and get a flavor party called the Chango!
During the early morning hours of Sept. 11, members of the Sierra Vista Police Officers’ Association (SVPOA), along with their family members, participated in the 2019 9/11 Tower Challenge. The event runs simultaneously in Tucson, Phoenix and Flagstaff. The 9/11 Tower Challenge honors those …
Twelve weight loss members from local AZ 0215 attended a rally at the TMAC, Fort Huachuca, Saturday, Sept. 29. They heard excellent and informative presentations from Arizona State Royalty — AZ Queen Karen Evans, AZ 0216, Phoenix, and AZ King Runner-up Chris Kanios, AZ 0113, Tempe — pertaini…
Food Truck Friday starts at 10 a.m. this Friday, Oct. 4. What flavor of gelato or Italian ice will you get? Come by and check out the selection from Icee Queen!
A less than three mile walk this weekend can help raise awareness and funding for Alzheimer’s, a disease that affects 5.8 million people, according to the Alzheimer’s Association’s Facts and Figures report.
Food Truck Friday will be starting at 10:00 a.m. on 9/27/19. If you liked last week’s eats and treats from Baily’s BBQ & Bistro and Icee Queen, check in this Friday to see what’s on their menu!
Mesquite pods are on the mesquite trees now from the high to low desert! They are ready to harvest when they are dry, rattle and pull easily off the trees. Don’t pick pods off the ground or if they have black mold on them. Pods can be harvested through October. Sample the pods before you pic…
Food Truck Friday will be seeing Baily’s BBQ & Bistro and Icee Queen! Make sure you get lunch AND dessert when you come by for your coffee at Brews Brothers Coffee!
It’s about this time every year that you start to realize with some regret that summer is drawing to a close. Nothing really obvious, but you get a hint of it in the smell of the air and by the feel of the sun. You can also tell by the shorter days, and cooler evenings.