HEREFORD — If you’re familiar with the Arizona Folklore Preserve, you’ll notice that Call of the West appears regularly on the AFP stage. There’s a reason for that: Audiences love them. We’re delighted to welcome them back March 24 and 25 for two more performances.
BISBEE — Central School Project invites all area 2-D and 3-D artists to participate in its upcoming art show, Borderlines. The opening reception will take place on Saturday, April 14, from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Courts and Crime
- Man charged with sexual exploitation of minor to be sentenced
- Drivers carrying migrants endangering Cochise County, law enforcement says
- Woman accused of manslaughter released from monitoring after GPS issues
- Couple accused of leaving 11-year-old son home alone plead not guilty
- Migrants continue illegal flow into U.S.; Cochise County a hub, sheriff says
- Judge denies request to transfer accused child molester's case to juvenile court
- Trial date set in case of former BP agent accused of killing stepson in crash
- 3 more males come forward in sex abuse case against Tombstone man
- Accused serial rapist's lawyer wants prosecution's DNA information
- Parents arrested for leaving 11-year-old boy alone for weeks, Sheriff's Office says
- DNA is at center of case against retired BP agent accused of serial rapes
- Prospective jurors to get questionnaires in sex abuse civil lawsuit
- Lawyer requests jail release for teen accused of murder
- Child murder suspect acts up in court — again
- Sheriff's Office arrests Bisbee teen in fatal stabbing at Juniper Flats
- Former judicial candidate facing perjury charge seeks change of venue
- Cochise County Sheriff's deputy cleared in shooting
- AZ Supreme Court to review Corporation Commission 'dark money' case
- Teen accused of child abuse seeks transfer to juvenile court
- Mother of slain toddler arraigned in child abuse case
SIERRA VISTA — If there’s one thing a performer in Sierra Vista can count on, it’s that the area’s arts community has their back. So it follows that a group of businesses, musicians and artists are rallying around one of their own, Ben Caron, him while he recovers from a serious car accident.
SIERRA VISTA — The Sierra Vista Community Chorus, under the direction of Sharon Keene, will present its annual Sweet Treats and Swingin’ Sounds on March 3 at 1 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. They will also perform on March 4 at 2 p.m.
SIERRA VISTA — There are so many interesting things and places in Arizona, yet most people don't even know they’re there. So musician Dolan Ellis has put together a special show that’ll help people discover some of those places — they are "Right Under Yer Nose!"
SONOITA – Singer-songwriter Dave Stamey is swinging into Sonoita on Saturday for the ninth year with a concert that includes a former American Idol finalist.
BISBEE — When Francis Kiman learned he’d have to spend a number of months at a nursing home, he never expected one of the best prescriptions helping him recover from surgery would be a pencil.
BISBEE — On Saturday, Jan. 20 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, Jan. 21 at 3 p.m., John Milbauer will perform a program of solo piano music, which he calls “Which Side are you On?” The collection of pieces includes Gypsy Dances, Hungarian Peasant Songs, a Mazurka and Polonaise by Chopin, and “Which Side…
SIERRA VISTA — Award-winning artist Carol Reilley will share and demonstrate “The 8 Insider Tips” that are a result of working with many artists from all over the U.S.
HEREFORD — Arizona is a land full of mysterious legends and tales about little known places. No one knows those legends and tales and out-of-the-way places better than Dolan Ellis, "Arizona's Official State Balladeer." With a lifetime of exploring the back roads and remote canyons of Arizon…
PARK CITY, Utah — Bisbee and one of the most significant events not only in Arizona’s labor history, but the country’s as well, will premiere on the big screen at Sundance Film Festival in Park City and Salt Lake City, Utah.
SIERRA VISTA — Theater on the Move will hold auditions for their upcoming April show, “Sherlock Holmes and the Crime of the Century” in both Bisbee and Sierra Vista. The Bisbee auditions will be held on Feb. 17 and 24 at 2 p.m. upstairs at the Copper Queen Plaza & Convention Center, 2 Ma…
SIERRA VISTA — On Friday, Dec. 15, the Alma Dolores International Dance Centre will present its annual Christmas Fantasy Show at the Buena Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Students of all ages, along with teachers, will perform in all different dance styles to the themes of this year’s show.
BISBEE — The Tang Gallery presents "Art is a Gift", featuring three artists, Karen Kyler with her colorful oil mono prints, Carolyn Yeutter with her exquisite black and white pen and ink drawings, and Karen Webb with her uniquely altered books which can be used as personal journals. The exh…
BISBEE — Making Sausage is the new exhibit that will open at Subway Gallery, 43 Brewery Avenue on Dec. 9. Paul, Steve and Chris Bovee will be featured, along with their guest, Art Herman.
HEREFORD — It has been a year and the Trails & Rails Trio is on their way back to the Arizona Folklore Preserve — one of the best music houses in the entire Southwest. We have the good fortune to have been invited to bring our eclectic collection of songs to southern Arizona, and this t…
BISBEE — On Dec. 9 at 8 p.m. and Dec. 10 at 3 p.m., For the Love of Music will present three musicians, but play music on five instruments — an oboe, oboe d'amore, English horn, clarinet and cello. Julie Stafford will play the three instruments of the oboe family; Zoran Stilin will play one …
HEREFORD — The Cowboy Way is a trio of award-winning musicians from New Mexico. Their family friendly shows feature tight harmonies, high energy and smoking instrumentals. These prolific songwriters take you on the ride of a lifetime as they honor the traditional cowboy songs and bowl you ov…